Monster Hunt, a 500 word story by Squigly


Monster Hunt





I don’t know anything about you, but I know I’ve always feared the dark… So entering a pitch black cave is  the worst of my nightmares. Especially when I know I’m on my own and there’s a massive creature in the cavern. So, to overcome my fear, I start singing “Cave on the Hill” by Egg Sheeran, slowly to myself. Firstly, you need to know why I am in this cave and when is it happening: we are in the age of stone and I have been exiled because I have committed a crime: I kicked my lord… He sent me here; in the cave of the unknown monster, to bring back some information about it or kill it.

I get to a fork in the path as I reach the end of the song; so, I stop singing and concentrate on my duty. I can’t see more than ten metres in front of myself. I decide to go left, though I don’t know why… To my surprise, I end up in a cave where you could fit a football pitch; and in the middle, the biggest and scariest creature I ever saw is lying in front of me. It’s about five metres high, and twelve metres long… At each breath the whole cave trembles as if it could fall. Thinking quickly, I creep past the monster and discover it’s got two wings: a dragon!

“BOOM” is the noise that I make as I trip on the its tail… Guess what happens now? The creature wakes up… And what happens when it wakes up??? I get trapped in a massive cave where you could fit a football pitch, with an enormous two-winged fire breathing, human-eating dragon who is going to devour me if I don’t run away…

Anyway, let’s come back to the story! So, I am trying to run away… I grab my stick and bring it in front of me. The dragon turns around and looks me straight in the eyes. I notice the cold grey glow in them… Great, now I’m sure I’m not going to get out of here alive

He lurches forward and closes his jaws onto the place where I was standing a few moments before. I smell his fishy odour as he gets closer to me. Then I get an idea: if I could have a bit more luck, I could make the dragon bump his body against the cave and the ceiling would fall on him. But I would have to run away quickly to avoid getting squashed. So, I get to work: I start running around the monster, and when I see he is dizzy enough, I stop and look at him, he starts falling: I run for my stupid life. When I get to the end of the cave, I turn around a last time to see a massive pile of stone fall on the creature that had been – and I say had been – terrifying the people of my village.



By Squigly

Comments

  1. cool story a shame you can't enter the 500 word competition. You would have done well.
    your character is very cunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :-)
      I made it up with my new friend, Egg Sheeran!!!
      Squigly

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS POISONOUS ANIMALS from coco 2000

The Dark Jungle - a thrilling adventure by asus