Our young writers tackle the title: "WHY ALWAYS SCREENS?" ASKED GRANNY, in precisely 50 words


I had nearly beaten my highest score when granny shut down my PC. She told me: “Go outside”.

That night I couldn’t sleep. Granny’s snores stopped… I ran to her bedroom and was shocked to see her on my PC!

“What’re you doing, Granny?”

“Paladin. I’ve been playing for years.”
By boum32

_______________________________________________________________________________


“Why are you always watching screens?” asked granny.


“When I was your age I didn't have any screens. I used to cut up a cardboard box and play television with it.”

So I took a cardboard box and played television with my granny. It was more fun than watching screens!
By Lollipop
_____________________________________________________________________________

I was on my Nintendo Switch when granny arrived. I didn’t want to say hello because I was in the middle of a game. Mummy told me that I had to go say hello. I replied, “When I finish”. Meanwhile granny had sneakily come in and turned my game off! 

By asus
_______________________________________________________________________________

Today it’s the beginning of the holidays, and I have to go and spend them at my granny's, plus she doesn’t have a TV, worse, she doesn’t have WIFI so I won’t be able to simply send messages to my friends. These are going to be the worst holidays ever.

By Squigly
_______________________________________________________________________________

"1... 2... 3... green light, go Granny, go!" shouted Francis. "I wanna go to Confluence!"

"I'm trying, Francis!"

We arrived at the mall, ready for the climbing wall, the cinema, popcorn and finally sushi!

Returning to the car we passed Apple. "Our day was more exciting than theirs. PHONES?!?"

By Cookie.07
_______________________________________________________________________________

It's really interesting to read about Grannies and grandchildren and their different ideas about screens!

From next week on, it's time for a different focus in our mini sagas. Squigly will choose the best BEGINNING from these mini sagas, one more time. But now we think you're all writing really good beginnings, so it's time to focus on ENDINGS! So next week's challenge is to keep your exciting, varied beginnings, and also write a really satisfying ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS POISONOUS ANIMALS from coco 2000

The Dark Jungle - a thrilling adventure by asus