Cloning, an article by Squigly

Have we already cloned?
We have cloned lots of different species of animals, for example:
  • sheep
  • cats
  • horses
  • monkeys
What is cloning?
Cloning is making a duplicate of a living animal or plant. An example of natural cloning is identical twins, and bees, ants and plants can also clone themselves. Scientist clone in labs for hygienic reasons.
Despite the fact cloning is very expensive, it doesn't always work.

Why do we clone?
We clone to:
  • bring extinct animals back to life.
  • get more food from farm animals for example meat or milk (cow).
  • understand the role of genes in our body.
  • recreate a pet you loved.
  • duplicate powerful champion animals.

Are there any laws?
Cloning can not just be done; there are laws. In 2001, the USA said no human could be cloned. Britain said that we could clone cells to make medicine but not for reproduction.

Can cloning be dangerous?
Cloning can be dangerous because clones do not always survive or can have serious health problems! Cloning can also have ethical problems: would you like to have a clone and watch it grow? Or would you like to be the clone?
THINK BEFORE CLONING!

Conclusion

Cloning can have a good side and a bad side, on the good side there are revolutionary ideas like bringing extinct animals back to life. On the bad side cloning can be dangerous. So think about it:
If you were a scientist, would you clone?
After reading this article what do you think about cloning?

References:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_that_have_been_cloned#Camel
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/node/2121
https://www.genome.gov/dnaday/q.cfm?aid=929&year=2009
"Science et Vie Junior" juillet 2018
http://www.budrebelproductions.com/2018/01/25/monkey-cloned-how-about-the-banana/

Comments

  1. Good post. Getting pets that I loved back could be a good Idea but it would not be the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very interesting and I liked reading it, if we cloned humans I think it would be very strange because it would be almost like they weren't actually real because they weren't born from real parents.

    GYMFOREVERFRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it’s a great idea I think cloning is dangerous and I would never do that because I would not want to be the clone and I would not want to watch a clone growing up. Thanks for that.
    Cookie.07

    ReplyDelete
  4. “ I have read your article and thank you for the opportunity to think about the issues re cloning. I very much like that you have reminded us of the naturally occurring clones... twins etc. We often get carried away with arguments on this subject and forget that nature has been cloning since nature began!
    You rightly mention some of the possible positives... as a well structured argument should always look at all angles. You mention possibilities for medicine etc and cloning of organs. 
    I like you pose questions of your reader. Would I like to have been able to clone my lovely cat before she had to be put to sleep?? I am not sure... would she still be my cat? Do personalities get cloned too. She had a personality all right! As for human cloning I am not at all sure about that. I am sure it will happen... but there is a famous phrase. Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should!
    I can’t remember who actually said that, maybe you can look it up.
    Well done I have enjoyed reading your article and being able to think about the subject.
    Keep writing”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good article. Cloning has indeed good and bad sides. But cloning humans should definitely be banned
    I heard that in China, research on cloning has fewer limitations than in the Western world. And that could be extremely dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS POISONOUS ANIMALS from coco 2000

The Dark Jungle - a thrilling adventure by asus